Statseeker's technology specific dashboards are freely available to all Statseeker users. Once you have added the dashboard to your Statseeker server you are free to edit the dashboard to better suit your requirements.
Instructions for uploading a dashboard to your Statseeker server can be found at Working with Dashboards > Importing Dashboards.
For more information, see Statseeker dashboards.
Current state, and historical data, covering a range of VPN related metrics such as:
- Active users and user groups
- Active remote access sessions
- Established email proxy sessions
- Secure VPN client sessions
- WebVPN client sessions
- Active LAN to LAN sessions
- Active IPSec sessions
- Established load balancer sessions
- Terminated sessions
- Number of remote access users, groups and sessions supported by the device
- Statseeker v5.5.0+
- VPN Monitoring Bundle – contact Statseeker Support for access to this package, and see Statseeker Custom Script Packages for instructions on installing the package.
- Statseeker MIB package – contact Statseeker Support for access to this package, and see Statseeker Custom Script Packages for instructions on installing the package.
This dashboard can provide insight into both the requirements and current usage characteristics of your network. Use in conjunction with NetFlow data to support your QoS configuration.
- Statseeker v5.5.0+
- NBAR source devices/interfaces configured in Custom Data Ranges, see NBAR Configuration for instructions
- Post-Custom Data Ranges configuration discovery/rewalk completed (if your NBAR reports contain data, then your NBAR dashboard will also contain data)
- v1.1 – optimized variable filters
- v1.0 – initial release
View details on network-wide and device specific syslog output.
- Statseeker v5.5.1+
MAC/IP v1.0 ** DEPRECATED ** as of Statseeker v5.5.3
View MAC/IP details for your network with breakdowns by:
- ARP Router
- Statseeker v5.5.0/5.5.1 only
- May require additional Statseeker settings configuration depending on the size of the monitored network – contact Statseeker Support for access to this dashboard and assistance with installation