Grouping is a fundamental feature in the Statseeker product, it is a core mechanic utilized by reporting, thresholds, alerting, visibility, access control, and filtering response data when utilizing the API. Grouping within Statseeker can be manual or automated by defined grouping rules, for more information on creating and maintaining groups, see Grouping.
Groups can contain a mixture of entities (devices, interfaces, users, reports, etc.), so how can you determine which groups a given entity is currently a member of?
What Groups Contain this Entity?
Manually managing the content of a group, as well as viewing which groups a given entity is a member of, can be done from within the Admin Tool. From the Admin Tool:
- Select Administration Tool > User Profile/Grouping > Add / Edit Groups
- Click the Entity\Group toggle ()
- Select the entity type from the dropdown above the first column
- Select one or more entities
The Include/Exclude lists will update to indicate which groups currently contain the selected entity.
Selecting Multiple Entities
When selecting multiple groups the Exclude\Include columns can be configured so that:
- Groups containing any of the selected entities are displayed in the Include column
- Only groups containing all of the selected entities are displayed in the Include column
When “includes any” is used, there is no indication which of the selected entities resides in which groups in the Include column.
- Adding a group to the Include column will add all selected entities to that group
- Removing a group from the Include column will remove any instance of any of the selected entities from the group