Statseeker's Cisco ACI monitoring package enables the monitoring of your ACI environment/s from your Statseeker server. This allows you to apply Statseeker's data collection, storage, analytics and alerting functionality to your ACI SDN deployments.
There are no additional hardware requirements, but your Statseeker server and license may need to be updated to enable Cisco ACI monitoring. Statseeker's Cisco ACI Monitoring requires:
- Statseeker v5.4.4 or higher
- A Statseeker Subscription license
- The ACI Monitoring feature to b enabled for your Statseeker license
For assistance with upgrading your Statseeker server and/or license, please contact your Regional Sales Representative.
If ACI Monitoring is enabled for your Statseeker license, then the default ACI reports will be visible in the Console, and a range of ACI data types will be available in Custom Reporting. These reports will remain blank until you configure Statseeker to communicate with your ACI deployment.
To configure the ACI package you need to point Statseeker at the APIC, and provide credentials for Statseeker to use when communicating with the APIC. This is achieved from within either:
- The Administration Tool > Manage Scripts page, by clicking the configure button
- From Administration Tool > Statseeker Custom Services > ACI Configuration
Once on the ACI Configuration screen
- Click Add Poller
You only need to add a single IP address per configuration. If your APICs will be sharing a single virtual IP, then use that IP, otherwise, enter the IP for any one of your APIC servers.A single APIC will provide Statseeker with all the details required to discover all of the nodes (controllers, spines and leaves) used by that ACI deployment.
- If the APIC is already known to Statseeker you can select from the Device dropdown, otherwise select Add a new device and provide the necessary details for Statseeker to contact the APIC
- Click Save
- If your APICs will be sharing a virtual IP, then use that
- If your APICS are not sharing a virtual IP, then enter the IP for any one of your APIC servers
A single APIC will provide Statseeker with all the details required to discover all of the nodes (controllers, spines and leaves) used by that ACI deployment.
The APIC configuration will be saved and. If you have multiple ACI deployments, then you can configure the monitoring of those environments by adding another poller. Again, add the IP address for a single APIC per ACI environment.
ACI Endpoint Downloader
The ACI Configuration screens also features an option to download your APIC endpoint configuration for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes. The collected data is returned from your APIC in json format, and compressed for transport. You can unpack the data for review, or send it through to Statseeker Support if needed.